1. Choose your floral designer carefully. Browse their previous work and about . Make sure they have a consistent experience and that will be able to create following your vision.
2. Take in mind that a professional floral designer will quote what is needed to make a fair living and do a brilliant job. So if you find someone willing to undercut other quotes dramatically we would suggest you be very careful. Flowers have a cost and are also perishable. In floral markets there are old flowers very close to death that are sold at very low prices, or flowers that are not perfect second or third choise and won’t get open. You also risk to have low quality services, low quality or dirty items, non professional helpers putting at risk all your wedding. Not said to be beastly, but we have heard too many horror stories of bouquets having to be fixed the morning of the wedding. You don’t expect your dress to fall apart, you don’t want the flowers falling apart either.
2. Create a pin board of your floral likes and use it as a guideline. Don’t get hung up on specific flowers or colours, as some flowers seen on international blogs are not available commercially in Europe and Italy. Production of flowers is also not guaranteed: for example, lots of rain in some parts of the country can have significant effects on quality, availability and price of preferred flowers.
3. Trust your floral designer and allow them creative freedom within your guidelines. Trying to micro manage every aspect of the creative process only results in dull and unimaginative arrangements with little room for fresh, out of the box ideas.
4. If you’re on a tight budget, omit flowers in places where guests will spend minimal time. Flowers hanging from pews, large arrangements for the ceremony, pre-drinks, bathrooms, boutonnières and corsages can be allayed to save money. Rather spend money on your reception tables, where guests spend most of their time and have time to take in the beauty.
5. Trust the experitise of your floral designer also for maximizing your budget keeping wow effect ensured.